GILS has an ongoing need for qualified, experienced and dedicated German instructors to join its faculty.
We are currently recruiting instructors to begin in September of 2023, but also welcome applications for later start dates.
- Teach German courses following established GILS guidelines and using acceptable communicative language teaching strategies and methodologies.
- Maintain a classroom environment that is conducive to optimal learning.
- Monitor, assess, and evaluate student work and progress.
- Participate in teacher training workshops and other developmental activities designed to enhance the quality of teaching and participate in the delivery of such training.
- Prepare reports and lessons plans, supplemental materials and activities, and quizzes as required.
- Maintain an up-to-date record of lesson plans, student attendance and grade records, according to GILS procedures.
- Contribute to curriculum and test development activities.
- Assist in miscellaneous administrative duties related to the effective operation of a language institute.
- As a native speaker serve as a resource on the German language and culture to trainees and staff members who are not familiar with native-German culture.
- At least a bachelor’s degree
- DaZ (Deutsch als Zweitsprache) or equivalent
- At least one year Deutsch als Zweitsprache teaching experience
- Flexibility to work in a diverse and multicultural work environment
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and computer usage
- Only native German speakers will be considered for this position
- Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience
- Competitive package that includes monthly commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Free Arabic language courses.
- Cultural activities and free field trips to historical sites in Yemen.
- Use of other GILS services, eg. 24/7 Wireless Internet Service, 24 hour security in the housing facilities, in-house gym and laundry.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to GILSemployment@GILS.org.
President and founder of YCMES