Internships at GILS
German International Language School (GILS) is recruiting an academic intern to assist with the development and administration of GILS Distance Learning and Arabic Language programs. GILS will give preference to EU members with knowledge of Germany and the German language along with strong English language skills. Understanding of the Middle East and the Arabic speaking world is also highly relevant to this position. Must be able to drive and have a valid driving license. Ability to work with Microsoft Office, POWER POINT, WORD, EXCEL, WORDPRESS and other software is an advantage.
- As student affairs officer, the academic intern is in charge of the well‐being of all GILS students and international staff during their stay in Idar-Oberstein
- The intern addresses the practical details of student life and student concerns.
- The intern is the main liaison between students and the GILS administration,
- The intern designs and organizes cultural activities and field trips,
- The intern answers any pre-departure questions, advising students on travel and study in Idar-Oberstein
- The intern meets all students at the airport and arranges transportation from Idar-Oberstein to the airport on each student’s departure
- The intern organizes students’ accommodations
- Arabic instruction
- Flights reimbursed upon completion of one-year contract
- Cultural activities and field trips as offered by GILS
- You must provide your own travel health insurance
If you are interested, please send your CV to GILSemployment@ycmes.org
Please also provide two (2) letters of recommendation, one on your knowledge of the Middle East and one on your ability to help students navigate a foreign experience.
Position begins September 1, 2019